Monday, January 30, 2017

Marathon Monday, Medal Monday

The following conversation with my coworker, April, happened last week at work. This conversation led to me making dumb life choices, as usual.

April: Have you ever thought about runnning the LA Marathon?

Me: Not really. 

April: I'm running it.

Me: Are you going by yourself? 

April: Yeah, I think my friend is going to back out.

Me: Are you driving or flying?

April: I'm going to drive.

Me: I'll go with you if we can see the Cabazon Dinosaurs on the way home.

April: Cool! Let's go.

And that's how I ended up registered for the 2017 LA Marathon.

BloggerImage


I'm actually super excited about this. Never mind that I haven't run since I crossed the finish line of the WDW Marathon...but I'm already basically trained, right?

April ran it last year but hurt her foot and was miserable most of the way. She decided to run it again this year and said that the course is awesome, which is the most important to me since I need constant entertainment.

Plus, I really want to see the Cabazon Dinosaurs. 

BloggerImage


BloggerImage

My mother pointed out that it was not necessary to run 26.2 miles just to visit the dinosaurs, but it certainly got me excited to go.

I finally recapped the WDW Marathon, but since it's Monday, a.k.a. Medal Monday in the racing community, I figured I'd include the many post-marathon medal opportunities I had since I was at the most magical place on earth. Or is that Disneyland? Whatever. It was magical. Mai Tais can make anything feel magical.



BloggerImage

This is my post-10K-I-Got-A-PR-Even-Though-It-Was-Only-By-20-Seconds-But-It-Is-Still-A-PR drink picture. That is a HippopotoMaiTai and if you don't order the drink, you can't have the glass. Which I absolutely needed.  But PSA here: that glass is not a hippo. Which is confusing.

BloggerImage

I paid for memory maker, so by God, I will find something to do with all of these post race pictures! So I will lovingly share them with you.

BloggerImage

I had no idea what to do here, except stare at him awkwardly. But then I channeled my inner Syth Lord and tried to take over the world.

BloggerImage


Luckily, I found a good guy before I went to the Dark Side for realz...

BloggerImage

 
BloggerImage

This Jawa tried to make a trade with me: my medal for a straw. Somehow, that didn't seem like a worthwhile trade.

My mom also tried her hand at bartering. I think she tried to trade a piece of metal that broke off of a keychain or something. 

BloggerImage


After Hollywood Studios, we headed over to Animal Kingdom. I really want to like this park, but honestly, it's so boring! I wish Rivers of Light would open or Avatar Land or anything that would make that park more entertaining. 

We did, however get some good pictures by The Tree of Life.

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

And of course, we had to do the Timkerbell shot. Which I actually think is kind of cool, although makes more sense in front of the castle in MK, but whatevs.

BloggerImage

Medal Monday then carried over until Tuesday. My mom and I had tickets for the Early Magic Hours at MK, so I took full advantage of the fairly empty park. I should write more about this but the brief version is that we rode the Mine Train 7 times in about 40 minutes.

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

And last but certainly not least, we saw Stitch on our way out of MK on our last full day. I love Stitch. He's so naughty! I was really tired and the line was long, but I love my pictures with Stitch, so it was entirely worth the long wait.

BloggerImage

I'm not one of those that actually wears their medals around all day. I keep them in my bag and just pull them out for photos. When I pulled out my medal, Stitch pretended to bite it and steal it. I wish I had pictures of that!

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

So by now, I'm sure you're thinking, wow, what a narcissist! And of course, you'd be right, because I'm a blogger, and that's what we do. 

Expect more of the same after The LA Marathon, particularly with the dinosaurs. I can't help myself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!